Merkage

Manager
Manager
Veteran
Dragon
Reactions
0 32 1 2
Astronus_Header_1098_493.png A warm welcome back from the Astronus Staff Team

Firstly I'd like to welcome back all old and new members to the server. It's been a rough time since we first released Astronus and have opened and closed the server multiple times due to personal commitments in our OFF-Game lives which prevents us from continuing development, however with personal commitments out of the way it is safe to say we have begun working on the Server once again!

After reading over comments from the community the previous time around, and also the suggestions which were here on the forums we have decided upon releasing two versions of SkyBlock.
  1. A 1.8 version of a SkyBlock experience.
  2. A 1.15 version of a SkyBlock experience
This was mainly down to us wanting more support and additional content features that we couldn't add onto the 1.8 version. Removing the old version of Astronus was not an option for us, which is why for the old school type SkyBlock players we have decided to keep it.

We'd like to thank those who played on the old 1.8 version and helped us squash the bugs and implement some much needed changes.

Release Information

SkyBlock 1.8​
  • As of now we are planning to release this by the start of February. The current setup we had is playable, however after playing it for a few days and looking over everything it needed to be "freshened" up.
Skyblock 1.15​
  • Currently we do not have an ETA date for this version of SkyBlock that we wish to release. There are many things in which we have to update and change to support the newer version of minecraft. if anybody has any suggestions in which they would like to see, please feel free to suggest them via our suggestions category.
Other Game Modes

Whilst we would like to add other game modes to the server, right now we feel it wouldn't be the best thing to do in terms of the server health. Once we get both SkyBlock realms stable, we can consider other additions to the server such as Survival, Prison, KitPvP & Creative.

*Disclaimer* Please do not suggest to us adding in additional Gamemodes at this time. All suggestions relating to that will be ignored, and automatically closed.

Last edited:

Merkage

Manager
Manager
Veteran
Dragon
Reactions
0 32 1 2
Question & Answer

Q: Can we currently / when can we test the servers?
A:
Right now the 1.15 version of SkyBlock is Live, however only those with BETA access can test features via the server. We are currently looking for BETA testers so please contact myself or the Administration team for your chance to become a BETA tester, and also earn yourself a unique forum & in-game title for your troubles, as well as a special ONE TIME BETA tester KIT upon server release.

Q: If I BETA test the server will my progress be reset?
A: Yes, all progress you managed to achieve will be reset on the official release date, this included ingame currency earned as well.

Q: What made you decide to go to 1.15?
A: After looking through the old network that we had with 1.8 we noticed a lot of features which were a lot easier to implement with a different version of SkyBlock. In addition to this, many of the current plugins that were utilised on the server were being discontinued for updates / support.

Q: Are the punishments being changed this time around?
A: All server rules and punishment guidelines will be reviewed and updated accordingly. An Announcement will go out here & on the Discord as of when these changes are made.

Q: Are punishments being reset?
A: Yes all punishments are being reset upon release. This does not mean however to try to test the Staffs resolve on day of release. The anticheat is also working, so please do not try to test it's capabilities ;)

Q: Can I apply for Staff?
A: Of course! however with not much to do on the servers in their current state we wouldn't necessarily need somebody to Staff straight away. If you would like to apply please follow this link Apply. Before doing so, don't forget to check the official Staff requirements thread HERE

Q: Will my previous purchases be carried over, such as ranks, cosmetics, spawners ETC?
A: Partly, all ranks and cosmetic purchases will be carried over to the re-release. Some purchases such as spawners and super items, money pouches will NOT be carried over as these were one time seasonal purchases.

Last edited:

AlexDalin

Reactions
0 0 0 0
are the islands and ranks that we had still there when it opens again?